Canada Global is pleased to offer a fast, non-intrusive tool to inspect SF6 gas circuit breakers and gas insulated switchgear (GIS). This method of non-destructive testing uses Radiography, or x-ray technology, to inspect the condition of equipment. Radiography allows us to view circuit breaker interrupter contacts, PTFE nozzles, hardware, resistor switches, rupture disks, tank castings, mechanism latches, and springs. All during a nonintrusive maintenance procedure and before a failure occurs. All at a cost that is much lower than traditional maintenance methods. Radiography eliminates the need to schedule a full maintenance crew, crane, manlift, SF6 gas cart, and vacuum pump, to “see” the interrupters in your circuit breaker or GIS.
- Overall lower cost to discover the general condition of the breaker.
- Outage time reduced from days to hours.
- Non-invasive internal inspection.
- No disassembly required.
- Increased reliability from not exposing the internals to atmosphere.
- Extensive review of internal components.
- Extend internal maintenance cycles.